On Sunday afternoon,
VFW Post 1980 held a chili cook-off to help raise funds to assist veterans in need of services. The post's goal is to raise $75,000. Members said they had the largest crowd ever for this fundraiser.
There were two tables of crock pots filled to vie for the best chili. Beside the food, there was a live band playing.
First place for best tasting chili was Mike Conner.
As featured on
- Lay-offs start at Detroit Reman, closure slated for end of year
- BLI enters into letter of intent to sell assets
- Behind the (food) scenes
- Driver OK after USD 253 vehicle overturns on 24th Avenue
- Sheriff's Office releases info on early morning crash
- Longbine: Detroit Reman announcement "unfortunate," employees top concern
- VFW seeking new members
- 'Call of the Wild' playing in Emporia this weekend
- The Call of Hollywood: Emporia shelter dog stars in major film
- Thane Leroy Darby